One of the Municipality of Pembina's LUD's, Darlingford has much to offer. Nestled in the heart of Southern Manitoba, opportunities for recreation are numerous.
This is one rural community you will want to pull off the main highway to explore. In the summer months, among the many gardens of flowers welcoming everyone, all planted and cared for by the caring people of the community, you will also find some very unique historic attractions in this small community. There is a great playground for the children if they are need to stretch their legs and blow off some steam.
As a LUD, Darlingford is over-seen by a committee consisting of;
- a councillor of the Municipality appointed by the municipal council; and
- not more than three elected members of the local urban district.
Committee members are elected for a four-year term and are
- preparing an annual budget for the community and referring it to the Municipal Council
- ensuring that activities outlined in the budget are carried out
- dealing with citizen's concerns
- holding at least one community meeting each year
Current LUD committee members are:
Jennifer Ching-FauxJustin Giesbrecht
Chad Collins (Municipal Councillor) 204-246-2386